Kits, Kits, Kits




Yesterday I spent my time making I Spy kits for Project Linus quilts.  This is part of my ongoing attempt to use up some of my stash.  My quilt bee meets twice a month and the last meeting several of us brought our machines.  A good use of time and surprising how much you can get done when in the company of good friends.

A number of years ago I made some I Spy quilts for Project Linus and had quite an assortment of 5" squares left over.  What fun I had picking cute novelty fabric with dogs, robots, elephants, airplanes etc., there were many novelty fabrics available and I purchased many of them at Joann, this was not the time to splurge on Quilt Shop fabric although I did buy fat quarters, remnants, and 1/3 yards wherever I found them.  Also participated in a couple of exchanges.  If you are going to exchange squares be sure to buy quilt shop novelty fabric as this is not the time to scrimp.  Nothing like getting cheap fabric back in an exchange.

It was time to put all this to use and I kitted enough for four I Spy quilts.  I'm sure I have enough squares for another six or eight more quilts, may have to do a little more shopping to make up the sixty three different prints in each I Spy Quilt.  I can easily sew one I Spy quilt at Bee and I have four kits ready to go along with two shirt apron kits.  WooHoo!

Hugs and stitches
Betty Lou

No comments: