After Christmas Retail Therapy

I'm not much for venturing out into the department stores and scoop up all the After-Christmas sales, but a visit to my favorite quilt shop, well that's a different story.


I had read on the internet about the new Quilter's Select non-slip rulers and knowing that I really needed a new set of  matching rulers and a with $50.00 gift certificate that I have been hanging on to, I ventured to Must Love Fabric in Grapevine, Texas.  The rulers are a little pricey and my $50.00 only bought two new rulers, the 6"x12" and the 6"x24" but I knew if they kept my hand from slipping they would be well worth the cost.  As I have gotten older it seems I have more trouble keeping my ruler from slipping and we quilters know, one bad cut can throw that seam off.  I also splurged and bought the 6" x6" square.  I use the very small squares a lot with my mini-quilts but I can pick those up later.


I have been piecing Double Slice Layer Cake quilts for five of my great-grandchildren and saw this wonderful boys Layer Cake, Ready for Takeoff by Wilmington Prints, and knew this would be darling.  It's difficult to find layer cakes in boys prints so knew I better snap it up.  Must Love Fabrics is having a 25%  off sale on New Year's Day but couldn't chance that I wouldn't get there or they would be all gone.

A few more items and I was well over my $50.00. This is my kind of after Christmas shopping, how about you?

Enjoy all the pieces of your life


No comments: